To configure an email client it is necessary to insert the addresses of the SMTP server that is responsible for delivering your emails. Fortunately, setting up SMTP servers is generally very easy - you simply have to open your email client software and add the appropriate SMTP parameters in the configuration window.
Remember however that using a standard SMTP - one associated with a free email provider such as Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail - does not ensure the correct delivery of all your messages (particularly if you send to a large number of recipients).
That is why we recommend opting for a professional SMTP service : with turboSMTP you can register and get a package of 6000 free shipments per month , then if necessary, you can choose the plan that best suits your needs.
Here we offer the SMTP setup procedure in four steps:
1. Select the "Account Settings" option in your email client, generally in the "Tools" menu.
2. Select “Outgoing Server (SMTP)”.
3. Press the "Add ..." button to add a new SMTP. A pop-up window will appear.
4. Just fill in the parameters as follows:
- Server Name : the current free SMTP relay server You can find it by consulting your provider's website or you can search for it in our list of SMTP servers.
- Port : SMTP generally works on port 25, but as shown in the window, it can also work on port 587. For more information, see our article on SMTP ports.
- Connection security : by itself, SMTP email transfer does not provide encryption. Therefore, if you want your connection to be more secure, you can opt for SSL / TLS, which use a different port for encrypted communication.
- Authentication mode : there are different methods (passwords, CRAM-MD5, KERBEROS, etc.).
- Username : your email address.